Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Have a Little Faith

a book that I recently read by Mitch Albom, one of my favorite Author.

From this book I learned...

...that if the thing's aren't going the way we want it, we can take it in two ways...
Either negative or positive, maybe it is His way of saying, not now my son, maybe next time...

I'm keeping that in mind.. not now... Have a little faith. I know God knows what He's doing, and I know things will happen the way he wanted it to be. so I keep my faith... I'll leave it up to him.

God and the decision He renders is correct.
God doesn't punish anyone out of the blue.
God knows what he is doing.

***

Also a part from the book tackles about marriage/commitment... (I'm so into reading things about marriage now a days...)

Let me share one from the conversation of the rabbi and the author:

... the word 'commitment' has lost its meaning... A committed person was someone to be admired. He was loyal and steady. Now a commitment is something you avoid. You don't want to tie yourself down.
It's the same with faith, by the way. We don't want to get stuck to go to service all the time, or having to follow all the rules. We don't want to commit to God. We'll take Him when we need Him, or when the things are doing good. But real commitment? That requires staying power - in faith and in marriage"
If we don't commit... Our choice... But we'll miss what's on the other side...
.... A happiness you cannot find alone...

I shared this to my husband that night, and we slept peacefully because we know, we find that happiness...

***

This books, keeps on surprising me, as I read every lines...

Do you know when a baby comes into the world, its hand are clenched... Because a baby, not knowing any better, wants to grab everything, to say, "The whole world is mine"
But when an old person dies, how does he do so? with his hands open. Why? Because he has learned the lesson... "we can take nothing with us".

True enough... every thing about this book touches me one way or another. It thought me to value my family more that any other...

To be happy, for whatever I had or have. Because the Secret to a true happiness is to be Satisfied, be Grateful... for what I have, for the love I receive and for what God has given me.


There are lots of lessons to be learned and things to ponder. But of all of this, I know, God loves me, and so you are.

:)

No comments: